Recent Issues 2011
"Reserves & Nationalparks of Kyrgyzstan"
Issue date: 5th March 2011
- ALA-ARCHA. The Ala Archa Nationalpark is situated about 40 km in the south of the capital city of Bishkek. Kyrgyz Ala-Too Range.
- TCHON-KEMIN. The Chon-Kemin is situated at an altitude of about 1400 m to 2800 m above sea level and reaches over 80 km deep into the mountains between the Kungey Ala Too and Zailii ranges, parallel to the Kazakh border.
- NARIN. The Naryn state reserve is situated in the Naryn Province in central Kyrgyzstan.
- SARY-TCHELEK. The Sary Chelek Lake is situated in the Chatkal Range, which is a range in the Western Tian-Shan.
- ISSYK-KUL. The lake Issyk-Kul covers an area of 6,236 square kilometres. It is situated between the Teskey Ala-Too Range in the south and Kyungey Ala-Too in the north.
- KARATAL. The Karatal-Japaryk reserve was founded in 1995 in the forest regions of the northern hills of the Kargo mountains in the Naryn oblast. It consists of three small areas – a forested area and the high mountain lakes of Son Kul and Chatyr Kul.
- BESH-TASH. The Besh-Aral state reserve was founded in 1979 in the extreme South West corner of the Djalal Abad Province (right on the border to Uzbekistan) with the purpose of preserving the unique natural complex and forests of the Chatkal valley
- SARYCHAT ERTASH was founded in 1995 and covers an area of 72,080 hectares. It is located in the upper reaches of Uch-Kel river on Sarychat-Ertash syrty, on the territory of Jeti-Oguz district of Issyk-Kul region. Its main objective is the protection of ecosystems of high-mountain tops and syrty of Inner Tien Shan.
This reserve is one of the main habitats of the snow leopard, Pallas cat,
- PADISHA-ATA. The Padasha Ata reserve in the Jalal-Abad Province.